Well, I finished my Dorothy costume. I had visions of my costume making me look really cute, but instead I feel quite frumpy in it. I need one of my sewing friends to look at it on me and advise me on some alterations. It needs to be a little more fitted in the top, I’m afraid. It’s a big top-heavy, and I’m…..uh….not. I used Simplicity 4136, and it was an easy pattern to follow. The only thing I did differently is that I skipped making the contrasting band that goes around the skirt. It just didn’t seem worth it to me. We watched the movie the other night, to help us all get in the mood of our characters, and I was amazed at how much of an exact replica this pattern is.
Now I’m making my own pattern for a scarecrow hat for my husband. Sadly, I can’t find a good tutorial online. 😦 If it works out, I’ll try to post a tutorial! If you have any tips, let me know. I’m not really the kind of seamstress who is good at winging it!